A favourite of mine is quick and delicious herby chicken and sweet potato recipe. It takes 30 minutes in the oven and you make the mash while the chicken bakes.
Wine Pairing: viognier, chardonnay, fumé blanc, pinot noir
Preheat oven to 350°F
Ingredients – Serves 2
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp fresh thyme
one large sweet potato (or yam, depending on what you call it where you’re from… the orange one)
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter or sour cream
pinch dried rosemary
- Strip the thyme leaves and mix in a small bowl with the sea salt. You need enough of this to pat on both sides of the chicken
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, both sides, and rub on the thyme mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins on 350°F
- Peel yam and dice with a big knife into half inch rounds.
- Place in a pot of water and boil until tender.
- Mash the potatoes, add in the milk and butter/sour cream, mash some more
- Crumble the rosemary in your fingers and add to mash, then stir
Serve with a veg of your choice. Recommendation: broccolini